Annual Conference, Gdansk
Alda Pereira, Isolina Oliveira, Luis Tinoca, ucia Amante, Maria de Jesus Relvas, Maria do Carmo Teixeira Pinto, Darlinda Moreira, Universidade Aberta, Portugal: Evaluating Continuous Assessment Quality in Competence-Based Education Online: The Case of the e-Folio
In the jurys judgment, in accordance with the evaluation criteria published in the EDEN conference program, the five finalists equally had the potential for winning the award each in its way with their respective strength; when all was said and done the Jury unanimously decided that the winner of this years EDEN Best Research Paper Award is:
Evaluating Continuous Assessment Quality in Competence-Based Education Online: The Case of the e-Folio by Alda Pereira, Isolina Oliveira, Luís Tinoca, Lúcia Amante, Maria de Jesus Relvas, Maria do Carmo Teixeira Pinto, Darlinda Moreira, Universidade Aberta, Portugal.
The Jury considered the paper to be a convincing contribution to the theme of the conference; it is innovative and creative as it makes a case of continuous quality assessment by e-folios, a new and necessary tool for an alternative assessment strategy that is part of a university-wide development of online learning. The paper is a product of a team of researchers which is an innovation in itself. The method applied is ‘design-based research’, which is new and highly recommended for education and other human sciences. The paper gives a good example on how this research method can be applied in an innovative process that aims at transforming traditional distance education practice into online teaching and learning.
Members of the Jury
- Otto Peters, Chair of the Jury, Professor Emeritus and Founding Rector, FernUniversität Hagen, Germany;
- Sabine Seufert, Professor and Executive Director of the Swiss Centre for Innovations in Learning (SCIL), University of St. Gallen, Switzerland;
- Nicholas Allen, Provost Emeritus & Collegiate Professor, University of Maryland University College (UMUC), United States;
- Martine Vidal, Centre National dEnseignement à Distance (Cned), EDEN Vice President, France;
- Anna Grabowska, Head of Autodesk Authorised Training Centre at Gda?sk University of Technology and Project Manager at PRO-MED Co Ltd, Poland;
- Ulrich Bernath & Thomas Hülsmann, Trustees and Directors of the U.B. Foundation, Germany.