The 1st D-TRANSFORM leadership school will be a unique opportunity to update leaders and senior managers in European higher education institutions with knowledge, skills and attitudes which they need to have in order to make effective decisions about the use of digital techniques in learning and teaching, drawing on expert presenters including from innovative universities.
- Understanding the latest thinking on Millennials, digital visitors and digital natives. Building this knowledge into revised strategies for teaching and learning.
- Digital libraries and digitally enabled study spaces: blending service provision across physical and digital infrastructure. Viewing this as more than just a library issue.
- Understanding and overcoming academic resistance to ICT-based teaching.
- New approaches to assessment especially online: automation, authentication, etc. (Badges are covered in the MOOCs session.)
- Adapting the institutional quality assurance regime within the national and European contexts to encompass digital learning.
- Benchmarking progress towards digital learning.
- Change management techniques that derive from business theory and good practice but have worked in European higher education institutions.
- The business case for MOOCs, for institutions and consortia.
- The business case for accredited HE distance learning and the merits or otherwise of collaboration with the private sector.
- Lessons that can be learned from innovative providers.
- Learning analytics: ensuring it can serve institutional needs.
To register for the event, please visit the event page on the UOC website by clicking on the above link.
Representatives of EDEN member institutions can attend the event FOR FREE and they are also eligible for a grant.
|Training leader||Please, see the program with the speakers indicated HERE.|
|Target group||Rectors, Vice-Rectors, Deans of Faculties, Directors of operational units in HE institutions across Europe interested in e-learning, distance learning, MOOCs and digital transformation of pedagogy for residential or distance teaching/learning.|
|Preliminary knowledge necessary to participate||Basic computer skills|
|Do participants receive a proof of attendance?||Yes, certificate.|
|When and Where
||14-18 November 2016 at Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
Hotel Silken Diagonal, Av. Diagonal 205, Barcelona
|Joining instructions||Registration for the event. Representatives of EDEN member institutions can attend the event FOR FREE and they are also eligible for a grant.|
|Envisaged duration||4.5 days|
|Number of participants||Limited.|
Contact information: email@example.com