Dear EDEN Members, Partners, and Friends,
With the 11th EDEN 2020 Research Workshop drawing closer at the hreshold of the autumn semester, we kinldy remind you that the event on 21-23 October, hosted by LE@D, Universidade Aberta (UAb) Lisbon, Portugal will go completely online. With regard to prevailing restrictions on travels and social gatherings, we have also taken into account the recent good experiences with the EDEN 2020 Annual Virtual Conference, including the PhD Symposium in June and our ‘Education in time of a pandemic’ webinar series throughout the spring.
Enhancing the Human Experience of Learning with Technology: New Challenges for Research in Digital, Open, Distance & Networked Education
Call is open, registration is due to open in September, submissions are welcome by 15 September!
Call for Contributions
Contributions are invited which resulted from own research, project achievements, case studies, theoretic and conceptual work on the conference theme and tracks and the creative use of educational technology.
Networking and interactivity, sharing and discussion will be core aspects of the conference, focusing on what you can learn from and with your peers.
The theme and scope of EDEN’s RW11 will reflect the current challenges researchers face regarding the impact of the emerging digital technologies and Artificial Intelligence in the improvement of the quality and the sustainability of the human learning experience, to take better informed design decisions, track learning performance, anticipate problems more preciously and act accordingly, collect more learning evidences.
Important Dates and Deadlines
|Submission deadline for contributions||15 September 2020|
|Notification of Authors:||28 September 2020|
|Authors’ Registration Deadline||5 October 2020|
|Registration opens:||September 2020|
|Conference dates:||21-23 October 2020|
For the EDEN 2020 Research Workshop, the major tracks set-up will be:
- Online personal learning
- Online education for non-adult populations
- Teachers’ and learners’ changing roles in a technology-mediated environment
- Open education ecologies: OERs, OEPs & MOOCs
- Learning engineering and reengineering: design of learning processes for online and hybrid environments
- Adaptive teaching and learning
- Analytics for the improvement of teaching and learning: opportunities and risks of datafication
- Digital authentic assessment
- Digital badges and micro-credentials
- Next-generation digital learning environments
- Extended reality (AR/VR/MR/Haptic technologies) use in education
- Digital transformation of educational institutions
- Quality assurance in open and distance education
- Equitable and social fair access to digital learning opportunities
- Well-being and mental health in digital learning environments
EDEN 2020 PhD Symposium Lisbon
The EDEN 2020 PhD Symposium Lisbon will be organized on 21 October. The Symposium, held in previous years in Barcelona, Bruges, Dublin and online, hosted by University Politehnica Timisoara, has been designed to foster the exchange of experiences and knowledge among doctoral students doing research in the area of technology-enhanced online, digital, open and distance learning, providing a valuable forum for the advancement of doctoral research. The Symposium is led by a panel of international experts.
More information about EDEN PhD Symposium is here.