Enhancing the Human Experience of Learning with Technology: New Challenges for Research in Digital, Open, Distance & Networked Education
Call for Contributions
Contributions are invited which resulted from own research, project achievements, case studies, theoretic and conceptual work on the conference theme and tracks and the creative use of educational technology.
Networking and interactivity, sharing and discussion will be core aspects of the conference, focusing on what you can learn from and with your peers.
The theme and scope of EDEN’s RW11 intends to reflect the current challenges researchers face regarding the impact of the emerging digital technologies and Artificial Intelligence in the improvement of the quality and the sustainability of the human learning experience. The capability of generating, processing and managing more data and information than ever before on the teaching and learning process is allowing for teachers and learners alike to be more in control. They can take better informed design decisions, track learning performance more accurately and in detail, anticipate problems more precociously and act accordingly, collect more learning evidences, as well as assess and credit more transparently. In short, they can shape together their teaching and learning experiences more efficiently and collaboratively.
For the EDEN 2020 Research Workshop, the major tracks set-up will be:
- Online personal learning
- Online education for non-adult populations
- Teachers’ and learners’ changing roles in a technology-mediated environment
- Open education ecologies: OERs, OEPs & MOOCs
- Learning engineering and reengineering: design of learning processes for online and hybrid environments
- Adaptive teaching and learning
- Analytics for the improvement of teaching and learning: opportunities and risks of datafication
- Digital authentic assessment
- Digital badges and micro-credentials
- Next-generation digital learning environments
- Extended reality (AR/VR/MR/Haptic technologies) use in education
- Digital transformation of educational institutions
- Quality assurance in open and distance education
- Equitable and social fair access to digital learning opportunities
- Well-being and mental health in digital learning environments
EDEN 2020 PhD Symposium Lisbon
The EDEN 2020 PhD Symposium Lisbon will be organized on 21 October. The Symposium, held in previous years in Barcelona, Bruges, Dublin and online, hosted by University Politehnica Timisoara, has been designed to foster the exchange of experiences and knowledge among doctoral students doing research in the area of technology-enhanced online, digital, open and distance learning, providing a valuable forum for the advancement of doctoral research. The Symposium is led by a panel of international experts.
More information about EDEN PhD Symposium is here.
Important Dates and Deadlines
|Submission deadline for contributions||15 September 2020|
|Notification of Authors:||28 September 2020|
|Authors’ Registration Deadline||5 October 2020|
|Registration opens:||September 2020|
|Conference dates:||21-23 October 2020|
Conference Venue: Lisbon, Portugal
The conference venue, Museu do Oriente is very close to the Lisbon harbour. The building although historical has been renovated and meets all requirements as a conference facility. Moreover, it holds an exquisite museum of Far East art and history. The EDEN RW11 participants will have a free one-day pass to visit the museum during the event.
Inquiries in relation to the conference should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org