Moderator: Lisa Marie Blaschke
List of speakers:
- Fabio Nascimbeni, Universidad Internacional de la Rioja and University of Sao Paulo, EDEN EC
- Catherine Cronin, Educator & PhD researcher in the Centre for Excellence in Learning & Teaching (CELT) at the National University of Ireland, Galway. E
- Chrissi Nerantzi, Manchester Metropolitan University, Centre for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT), Principal Lecturer in Academic CPD.
- Lorna Campbell, OER Liaison – Open Scotland within the Learning, Teaching and Web Services Division at the University of Edinburgh.
Questions discussed in the webinar:
- Why should I be more open in my practice and profession?
- How do you practice openness (as researcher, teacher, student)?
- How do we deal with the “publish or perish” reality?
- What if my institution doesn’t allow me to be open?
- I want to be more “open” as a teacher, researcher, or student. Where do I start? Advice from panelists.
- What platforms/environments do you recommend in supporting my practice as an open academic?
- Questions from attendees
The debate will be held in EDEN’s Adobe Connect room.