Format: Presentations and discussion
Introduction: In this webinar we will discuss quality issues in open, online and technology enhanced learning. Taking into account new developments and new challenges for education in the next decades, we need to reconsider the concept and methods of quality assurance, and even rethink the whole quality culture in open, online and technology enhanced learning. In this webinar we will discuss what quality means, what it entails to install a quality culture and how we can assure quality levels when the learner takes the control of his or her learning in a global learning environment. Five presenters will give their perspective on quality issues, and discuss with the audience how quality improvement will affect the future of open, online and technology enhanced learning.
- Challenges ahead for quality in open, online and technology enabled learning – Dr. Ebba Ossiannilsson, EDEN EC, EDEN FELLOW and EDEN NAP, Swedish Association for Distance Education, Sweden
- Technology enhanced learning integration into an organization: quality dimensions. – Airina Volungevičienė, EDEN president, Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
- Towards a holistic and integrated view of quality in open, online and technology enhanced learning – Nati Cabrera Lanzo, UOC
- Getting course evaluations ‘just right’ – Dr Mark Nichols, Director of Technology Enhanced Learning, The Open University UK.
- Quality Assurance challenged by new modes of teaching – Secretary General George Ubachs, EADTU
- Enhancing the Quality of the Pre-entry and On-Entry Student Experience for Online Learners – James Brunton, Dublin City University