Moderator: Mark Nichols, Open University UK, EDEN Executive Committee member
- Sir John Daniel: Sir John was Vice Chancellor of the Open University UK (1990-2001) then Assistant Director-General for Education at UNESCO (2001-2004) and President and CEO of the Commonwealth of Learning from 2004-2012.
- Ross Paul, University of Windsor, Canada: Ross Paul is currently an Adjunct Professor at the University of British Columbia (UBC). He has served as President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Windsor from 1998 to 2008, following his Presidency of Laurentian University.
- António Teixeira, Universidade Aberta, Portugal: António is currently Director of the Department of Education and Distance Learning at Universidade Aberta. He was a member of EDEN’s Executive Committee from 2008 before becoming President in 2013 until 2016.
- Tony Bates, CA: Tony is distinguished visiting professor at the G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education, Ryerson University, Toronto and at The De Groote School of Business, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario. His career has included leadership and research roles with some of the world’s leading distance universities.
Questions discussed during the webinar:
- What are the big challenges distance education universities face at the moment?
- What do you think is their best response to these challenges?
- Do you have a vision for the future of distance education universities? If so, what is it?
- What is it that distance universities offer that might be unique in what will increasingly be an online education future?
- How might distance universities become flexible to adapt to new markets and opportunities?