The next #EDENChat will take place on 8 May 2019 at 18:00 CEST, and will be hosted by Alfredo Soeiro (@avsoeiro) from the University of Porto, Portugal. Please join us on twitter using the hashtag #EDENChat!
About the chat
E-portfolios can be understood as a digital dynamic tool that enables individuals to document, display and manage their skills, qualifications and experience throughout the lifespan of their career. e-portfolios help individuals be reflective, support their personal development, allow them to showcase their skills, qualifications and experience, and enable (self-) assessment of their skills. The new Europass framework adopted the approach of web-based tools to support individuals in documenting and describing their competences and qualifications acquired through learning and non-formal and informal learning. The Europass e-portfolio may build on the current Europass Online. Users may use the Europass e-portfolio to document and describe their personal information, and to manage careers and lifelong learning. The use of this tool should be discussed and analyzed, therefore participate and debate.
- Degrees in Civil Engineering (U. Porto, 76) and (U. Florida-Ph.D.-89)
- Academic director and vice president of Civil Engineering (U. Porto, 03/07)
- Pro-Rector of U. Porto (98/03)
- Founder of EUCEN (European University Continuing Education Network, 92); RECLA (Network of CE in Latin American, 96) and AUPEC (Association of the Portuguese Universities for CE, 99)
- Vice president of EUCEN (92/98) and SEFI, Société Européenne pour la Formation des Ingénieurs (02/04); president of IACEE, International Association of Continuing Engineering Education (01/04); president of AUPEC (01/05); resident of SEFI (03/05)
- Vice- chair of EMC of FEANI (14/18) and of Steering Committee of NAP of EDEN (14/…)
- Member of EUCEN Council (13/16), secretary general of AECEF (17/…) and member of IACEE Council (95/…)
- Medal of 800th Anniversary of U. Sorbonne (98), International Hall of Fame of Adult and Continuing Education title (06), EDEN Fellow award (08), IACEE Fellow (14), Global Engineering Education Award by IEOM (16) and EDEN Senior Fellow (18).
#EDENChat is an online discussion event on Twitter initiated by Steering Committee of the EDEN Network of Academics and Professionals (NAP). It is mediated by members of the NAP community and runs for approximately 1 hour. Anyone can join in and contribute to the discussion which is presented in a Question and Answer format, and focuses on current issues in distance, open and e-learning. All sessions start at 18:00 CEST.
In case you missed the last #EDENChat on ‘Designing Online Courses using the Interaction Equivalence Theorem‘ moderated by Pedro Barbosa Vabral, you can now read the archived discussion here.
Previous #EDENChats are listed on the EDEN website according to topics.