During the days of 7-11 March 2016 EDEN and its members will be actively contributing the content of the Open Education Week, with the aim to raise awareness about free and open educational opportunities that exist for everyone, everywhere, right now. The event is coordinated by EDEN’s strategic partner, the Open Education Consortium, an association of hundreds of institutions and organisations around the world that are committed to the ideals of open education. Universities, colleges, schools and organisations from all over the world have come together to showcase what they are doing to make education more open, free, and available to everyone. Just to give a small sample from the rich programme we would like to highlight, and recommend you to participate, the following events:
- The OpenMed project will celebrate Open Education Week with 4 scheduled online events in English and French.
- At 12:00 CET on Monday the 7th, EDEN member and OpenPROF project coordinator, Lithuanian Distance and eLearning (LieDM) Association, will deliver a webinar titled “Open professional collaboration for innovation”. This webinar will introduce how to develop training material on the use of ICT tools for OER development; how to train staff to openly collaborate in the development of online innovative curriculum designing for work based learning; and how to collaborate on adaptation and use of open educational resources for work based learning.
- Starting at 10:00 CET on Tuesday the 8th, Vytautas Magnus University will present the results of their OUVM (Opening universities through virtual mobility) project via an online webinar, focusing on virtual mobility organisation and management.
- On Wednesday the 9th, Opening Educational Practices Scotland will organise its 4th OEPS Forum in Stirling. The themes for this forum are using OER (what does good practice look like?); Changing culture, changing practice; and Open education and digital engagement through a widening participation lens. EDEN will deliver a poster during the event, showcasing some of its most relevant OEP related projects and practices.
- EDEN’s monthly #EDENChat will coincide with the OEW in March, on the evening (at 9PM CET) of Wednesday the 9th of March there will be an ‘Open Education Consortium Special’ event exploring the question of how open we can be.
- EDEN member institution, the Open University of Catalonia (UOC), will organise a 1-hour webinar on Thursday the 10th at 2PM CET with the title “Task-centred approach to MOOC design: challenges and opportunities” This one hour webinar is part of the EMMA webinars that address different topics about MOOCs, including design, production of videos, use of social media, etc., intended for people willing to improve the pedagogical design of MOOCs.
- Politehnica University of Timisoara, another valued EDEN member, will organise their event, starting at 10:00 CET on Friday the 11th, with the title “Open Education – concepts, tools, resources, practices”. A regional event with live video-streaming.