Open Education Week is a celebration of the global Open Education Movement. Its goal is to raise awareness about the movement and its impact on teaching and learning worldwide, the free and open educational opportunities that exist for everyone, everywhere, right now.
We want to highlight how open education can help people meet their goals in education, whether that’s to develop skills and knowledge for work, supporting formal studies, learning something new for personal interest, or looking for additional teaching resources.
It is coordinated by The Open Education Global, an association of hundreds of institutions and organizations around the world that are committed to the ideals of open education. Universities, colleges, schools and organizations from all over the world have come together to showcase what they’re doing to make education more open, free, and available to everyone.
Join us for the following events – participation is free and open!
Be sure to mark March 2-6 on your calendar!
EDEN is offering 6 webinars as part of the Open Education Week:
- OER and Open Pedagogies – Best Practices – Monday, 2 March 2020, 13:00 CET
- Open Education Recognition and Credentials – Tuesday, 3 March 2020, 12:00 CET
- Open Education Technologies – Wednesday, 4 March 2020, 13:00 CET
- Open Education for Civil Engagement and Democracy – Wednesday, 4 March 2020, 15:00 CET
- Unboxing the Textbook for an Open World – Thursday, 5 March 2020, 13:00 CET
- Microlearning and Quality for Lifelong Learning in the Digital Age – Friday, 6 March 2020, 13:00 CET
All webinars will take place in EDEN’s Adobe Connect room – Please log in to the session with your registered name 10 minutes prior to the start of the webinar.
Register and join us at the webinars! EDEN will issue open badges to acknowledge and appreciate your participation at these events.