Dear EDEN Members, Partners, Friends,
With less than three weeks ahead, we are excitedly awaiting your attendance at the 29th EDEN 2020 Virtual Annual Conference on 22-24 June.
The conference will be hosted by the Politehnica University, Timisoara, Romania’s European Capital of Culture in 2021.
The detailed conference programme will be published early next week.
A selection of interesting workshops from the programme:
- 50 Years of Open and Distance Learning: The Open University, UK a retrospective
- Creating contemporary learning environments for digitally competent teachers
- Inclusion through AI: Inspiring international digital education models in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic
- How to manage the onslaught of information and fake news? Digital Literacy and Critical Thinking as antibodies for the 2019-nCoV ‘infodemic’
- Leading Online Transformation: Institutional Planning, Strategies, Practices, and Policies for the Post-Covid-19 World
- Stop designing online courses. Start designing online learning experiences.
- A European Ethical Reference Framework for AI and Big Data in Higher Education
- Martin Dougiamas. Moodle CEO with Diana Andone will feature the session about Open Education Technologies – impact and perspectives
The PhD Symposium will be organized again as part of the EDEN Annual Conference. Young scholars will present their achievements and discuss with EDEN Senior researchers. A special session will feature the themes:
- Research Methodology and Publication in Open Access Journals.
The Conference will be carried out with online presentations using an online platform. We aim at creating an engaging virtual event that will be rewarding for both presenters and attendees.
Besides the acclaimed, traditional sections such as Plenary sessions, Workshops, Posters, Demonstrations, the Synergy brainstorming and the PhD Symposium, one of the highlights of the event will be the MicroHE Conference.
The syllabus of the EDEN 2020 Annual Virtual Conference will be rooted in the experiences of EDEN’s currently running, successful webinar series: Education in time of a pandemic. #onlinetogether #covid19. The panel of distinguished keynote speakers has been updated as follows:
As you can see upon registration, conference fees are kept reasonably low and young scholars can apply for waived fees.
The double-blind peer reviewed papers will be published in the electronic Conference Proceedings with ISSN, discovered and linked by Google and Google Scholar, Alma (ProQuest), EBSCO Discovery Services (EDS), with further indexing via the Central and Eastern European Online Library (CEEOL).
We look forward to see you online on 22-24 June!