The activities of the ReOpen project were successfully completed by 31 October. Time to draw conclusions and summarize the most important results.
In the framework of the project a platform for non-formal open learning curriculum development with learning validation and recognition instruments in place (learner credentials, digital badges, learning path recognition and assessment tools) has been developed. The project partners developed 3 training materials and trained teachers and teacher trainers at C-VET organizations, companies, HE institutions and adult learning organizations to
- design validated non-formal open learning curriculum (e.g. MOOC or other)
- apply digital badges as a new form of digital credentialing and tracking one’s learning path in non-formal open learning
- recognize non-formal open learning results in formal curricula.
The project developed 5 CPD courses:
- Digital skills
- Introduction to Wireless Network Design
- Introduction to Language and Society
- Design and Management of European Projects
- Introduction to Animation Creation as a learning tool
and produced use cases with validated OOL curriculum examples leading to proper prior learning recognition.
The partners established partnerships for future collaboration for non-formal open learning recognition (reviewing curriculum in partner institutions and preparing information on potential recognition of open learning).