EDEN 2021 Virtual Annual Conference – UNED Madrid
“Lessons from a pandemic for the future of education”
CALL IS OPEN!
Dear Members, Colleagues and Friends,
2021 marks EDEN’s 30th Anniversary year, therefore the virtual Madrid Conference, hosted by the National Distance Education University UNED on 22-25 June 2021 will be special to all of us in many regards. embracing our traditional values for three decades and the EDEN community’s future endeavours and directions in the field of distance and e-learning in the hopefully not so far, after-pandemic “new normal”. Setting the tone for the Conference, let us inform you that the resources of the 2020 EDEN events, the Electronic Conference Proceedings and the Short Paper Books of the Timisoara Conference (last June) as well as the Lisbon Research Workshop (last October) are available and on the following links:
EDEN 2020 Virtual Conference, Timisoara, Romania
EDEN 2020 Virtual Research Workshop, Lisbon, Portugal
Proceedings of the previous EDEN conferences can also be visited here while the keynote presentations here.
Flexible Submission Deadlines
We kindly inform you that for the Madrid Conference the submission deadline is flexible, but the latest submissions are awaited by 15 May. Submissions arriving till 31 March will be evaluated within two weeks, after that the evaluation process may take longer.
Main Topics of the Conference
- The evolution of online and distance learning (ODL, ODeL, blended, hybrid, hyflex)
- The transformation of face-to-face teaching, through online, to blended learning
- Guidance for navigating “the new normal”.
- Best practices for transitioning from emergency remote teaching to online learning
- Digital preparedness, digital literacy, and digital citizenship
- Ongoing developments in the continued adoption of Artificial Intelligence
- Methodological advances (genius hour, bite-sized learning, social-emotional learning, gamification, experiential learning)
- Potentiating health and wellness in online education
- Non-traditional assessment solutions
- Topics related to the EU Digital Education Action Plan (2021-2027). Resetting education and training for the digital age:
- Application of micro-credentials and alternative digital credentials in higher education
- Reflections on the resilience of the education community during the pandemic – well being of teachers and students in online environment
Contributions are invited which are addressing by own research, project achievements, case studies, theoretic and conceptual work the conference theme and tracks and the creative use of educational technology.
Submissions – taking into account the conference theme and related to at least one of the conference topics – are welcome in the following formats: full paper, poster, workshop, demonstration, synergy session, training session.
Networking and interactivity, sharing and discussion will be core aspects of the conference, focusing on what you can learn from and with your peers.
The tradition of granting the Best Research Paper Award (in collaboration with the Ulrich Bernath Foundation for Research in Open and Distance Learning), the Young Scholar’s Best Paper Award will be continued at the Madrid Conference as well.
The EDEN Fellow Awards will also be bestowed on the selected professionals. The purpose of the EDEN Fellow scheme is to provide validation and support to professionals in Europe in this field, and to enhance their mobility within Europe through a respected scheme of recognition.
EDEN 2021 Conference Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org