EDEN 2020 Annual Virtual Conference
Human and artificial intelligence for the society of the future
22-24 June, 2020, Timisoara, Romania
#eden20 – 2020 EDEN Annual Virtual Conference has welcomed over 309 delegates from 40 countries.
The conference was hosted by the Politehnica University Timisoara – UPT.
The themes of the conference were:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Education
- Open Learning and Education
- Technology-Enhanced Learning
- Gamification for Learning
- STE(A)M Education
- Digital Competences
- Collaborative Learning
- Big Data in Education and Learning Analytics
- Smart Learning Environments
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in Education and Training
- Applications of Semantic Web for Learning
- Credentialing and micro-learning
- Digital solutions for the training of the workforce
- Digital learning and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Social justice, inclusivity and digital learning
EDEN Fellow Awards
The purpose of the EDEN Fellow scheme is to provide validation and support to professionals in Europe in the field of open, distance and e-learning, and to enhance their mobility within Europe through a respected scheme of recognition.
The first Senior Fellow and Fellow Awards, launched on the initiative of Professor Alan Tait, former EDEN President, were presented at the 2007 Annual Conference in Naples. In 2020, this tradition was continued in the 2020 Annual Virtual Conference – #eden20.
The EDEN Fellow Award was given in 2017, based on the decision of the EDEN Executive Committee to:
Politehnica University Timisoara, Romania
Best Research Paper Award
Since 2008, EDEN has bestowed the Best Research Paper Award at its Annual Conferences and the bi-annual Research Workshops.
A robust selection process guarantees the high-standing of these awards for contributions to the field of open, distance and e-learning. The selection process takes place in collaboration with the Ulrich Bernath Foundation for Research in Open and Distance Learning, with the support of a distinguished Jury. Read more and see previous winners here.
The Best Research Paper Award ceremony was went to:
Cecilia Fissore, Marina Marchisio and Sergio Rabellino, Università di Torino, Italy
SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER SUPPORT AND TRAINING FOR ONLINE TEACHING DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Young Scholars Award
The award to young scholars has been offered at our Annual Conferences and Research Workshops since it’s introduction in 2014 in Oxford thanks to the Ulrich Bernath Foundation and the Oldenburg University.
The Young Scholar Award was given to:
University Roma Tre, Italy
MicroHE Final Conference
The MicroHE consortium held the Final Conference of the MicroHE project as part of the EDEN 2020 Annual conference, hosted by the Politechnica University Timisoara, Romania in virtual form. The final conference started with the keynote presentation of Anthony Camilleri about Micro-Credentials in the Future European Policy Landscape.
After the plenary session the MicroHE strand was continued in workshop form in 3 workshop sessions.
• Impact of micro-credentials on new learner paradigms
• Technology powering the future of micro-credentials
• Impacts of Micro-Credentials on Institutional Processes
The 2020 EDEN Annual Virtual Conference – #eden20 was rich in content and discussions, which also raised attention on several media channels. Here you can find some of the most popular resources.
Re-watch the plenary sessions:
- Opening Ceremony – Plenary Session – Monday (Day 1) – Prof. Nicolae Robu, Timisoara Mayor, Prof. Radu Vasiu, UPT President, Conf. Florin Dragan, UPT Rector, Dr. Sandra Kucina, EDEN President
- Afternoon Plenary Session – Monday (Day 1) – Daniela Rus
- Plenary Session – Tuesday (Day 2) – Demetrios Sampson, Prof. Denis Whitelock, Anthony F. Camilleri
- Plenary Session – Wednesday (Day 3) – Best Research Paper Award, Young Scholar Award, Georgi Dimitrov, Jesus Boticario
- Plenary Session – Closing – Wednesday (Day 3)