EU Fifth Framework Programme
- to assess the current and trend situation in Africa concerning
- the needs for Training on Local Sustainable Development (TLSD) of decision makers and senior officials in African local governments and
- the use and potentials of electronic technologies for vocational training in Africa with focus on local governments.
- to document, evaluate and compare past and current (electronic) distance training projects for vocational training in Africa and for local government training in Europe.
- to determine adequate training methods and technologies for meeting different TLSD needs
- to identify opportunities through the Information Society: define policy options for supporting adequate innovative electronic distance approaches to TLSD in African local governments