EDEN has actively been supporting EURODL, the European Journal of Open, Distance and E-Learning, which is an electronic, multi-media journal on distance and e-learning distributed on the Internet. It publishes the accounts of research, development and teaching for Europe in its most inclusive definition, exploring the potential of electronic publishing. EURODL presents scholarly work and solid information about open, distance and e-learning, education through telematics, multimedia, on-line learning and co-operation.
EURODL is free to readers and contributes to the Open Content movement.
With EURODL the aim is to:
- present a forum for discussion of ODL and e-learning issues at all educational levels and in all training contexts;
- create a place where European concerns and experience of the learning potential in new educational media can be articulated;
- exchange ideas on cross-cultural collaboration and knowledge transfer;
- explore and demonstrate the potential of electronic publication;
- survey new technologies and new learning: concepts and model;
- tackle quality, evaluation and accreditation challenges
- discuss distance and e-learning policy and development;
- weave links between journal contributions and other resources and forums in European ODL and e-learning.
The Journal has the following sections: refereed where full papers in English meeting basic requirements are published, the brief one, containing non-refereed articles, project reports, work in progress, non-English contributions and the review section with inputs about recently read, relevant books in the field.
The Chief Editor of EURODL is Dr Ulrich Bernath,
Chair of the Foundation for Research in Open and Distance Learning.