The mission of EDEN is to maximise the potential to exchange academic and professional experience, to promote effective navigation in the field, and improve the quality and depth of information available to the sectors concerned.
The EDEN conferences:
- have become major academic and professional ODL events in Europe, supporting professionalisation and international exchange of experience and expertise;
- are gatherings where comprehensive and orientative contributions are presented by outstanding experts, politicians and academics;
- are based on collecting best practice – every year papers presented in conference sessions are selected for publication in the ‘proceedings’, serving as important resources for the professional community;
- have a genuine community feel to them, where existing working-relationships strengthen and deepen, and where new partnerships are formed.
EDEN employs an integrated approach to organising its conferences. This is crucial in order to ensure an effective knowledge share within the interdisciplinary fields of ICT and education. It also helps to create and consolidate the international community of professionals. Overall, the conferences have been instrumental in capitalising on the extensive knowledge of key stakeholders and have provided a valuable resource to others who have less experience in the field.
Publications related to our events
- Selected keynote presentation of EDEN Conferences can be read here.
- Best Research Papers of the annual conference are downloadable here.
- Proceedings and Book of Abstracts are also downloadable here.
Re-Imagining Learning Environments
Expanding Learning Scenarios
Opening Out the Educational Landscape
E-learning at Work and the Workplace
From Education to Employment and Meaningful Work with ICTs
The Joy of Learning
Enhancing Learning Experience Improving Learning Quality
Open Learning Generations
Closing the gap from "Generation Y" to the mature Lifelong Learners
Learning and Sustainability
The New Ecosystem of Innovation and Knowledge
Media Inspirations for Learning
What makes the impact?
Innovation in Learning Communities
What did you invent for tomorrow?
New Learning Cultures
How do we learn? Where do we learn?
New Learning 2.0?
Emerging digital territories - Developing continuities - New divides
E-Competences for Life, Employment and Innovation
"E" is more! E-learning Enabling Education in Evolving Europe
Bringing e-learning close to lifelong learning and working life: a new period of uptake
New Challenges and Partnerships in an Enlarged European Union
Open, Distance and e-Learning in Support of Modernisation, Capacity Building and Regional Development
The Quality Dialogue
Integrating Quality Cultures in Flexible, Distance and eLearning
Open and Distance Learning in Europe and Beyond Rethinking International Co-operation
Learning Without Limits
Developing the Next Generation of Education