The EDEN Special Interest Group (SIG) on Technology Enabled Learning (TEL) and Quality Enhancement (QE) was launched during the EDEN Annual Conference in Jönköping 13-16 June, 2017.
EDEN hosted four related workshops during the conference. The themes were:
- EDEN’s rationals, and action plan on the work of launching a SIG on TEL and QE
- Renewing the quality agenda
- Quality in TEL on micro, meso, and macro level, and who the stakeholders are
- Innovation for quality leadership
Each workshop was a stand-alone event, but all of them were one of the main contributions from EDEN during the conference days. The themes were selected to mirror activities for EDEN to work further on, especially together with the EDEN NAP (Network of Academics and Professionals).
The workshops also highlighted how to get EDEN members involved to continue to learn together.
At the end of the conference the EDEN President summarized the workshops/learning cafes, and how EDEN can contribute to the international quality agenda related to TEL for quality enhancement.
The aim is to work through EDEN NAP and to involve members as experts, but is also for everyone with an interest in QE and TEL.
The action plan for the following year will include activities as to:
- Create a space (hub) on the EDEN portal for SIG TEL QE, for resources (projects, references etc), events, experts, quality models and current news within the areas
- Include hot topics within the areas of TEL and QE in EDEN’s monthly Newsletter
- Organize EDEN NAP Tweet Chats and Webinars
- Present EDEN SIG TEL QE at EDEN’s conferences (Open Classroom, and Research Workshop)
- Integrate the topic of EDEN SIG TEL QE at the annual Open Education Week (OEW), and at the European Distance Learning Week (EDLW)
The members of the EDEN SIG TEL QE core group:
- Dr. Ebba Ossiannilsson, EDEN EC (coordinator)
- Dr. Sandra Kucina Softic, EDEN EC, Vice President
- Dr. Mark Nichols, EDEN EC
- Dr. Airina Volungevičienė, EDEN President
- Professor Antonella Poce EDEN NAP
- Professor Antonio Teixera, Universidade Aberta
- Professor Ulf Ehlers, Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Karlsruhe